We have a split face cmu house we recently moved into. It's in Hawaii
and in an area that rains a lot.
Im already concerned about moisture penetration through the existing
hollow tile (CMU). I would like to improve the houses ability to keep moisture out.
My questions are:
1. Can stucco be applied on to split face CMU without problem (any tricks
for making it bond well).
2. Will adding stucco help or hurt moisture penetration into house.
3. Are there stuccos with components
or brands that make it more water impermeable- synthetic components?
4. How long will stucco last in wet area.
5. What would be the maintenance
(paint every 2 years, etc?)
Thanks for any advice you have?